See those wonderful tomatoes in the pic? They looked so delicious that I asked the waitress at Catch 35 to have the kitchen cut one up for me to enjoy with my dinner. Well, when dinner was served, there were some barely pink dried out slices of tomato on my plate. When I asked why I couldn't have the good ones, I was told that those are only for decorations, not for eating. The health dept. doesn't allow them to be served. What???? I kept threatening to pull one down, take it to the ladies room to wash it and slice it myself. Do you really think they let these fantastic tomatoes go to waste while they serve some tasteless, barely edible ones? That doesn't make sense to me. They brought me some other barely better tomato slices, but when the bill came they had the gall to charge $3.50.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tomato Envy
See those wonderful tomatoes in the pic? They looked so delicious that I asked the waitress at Catch 35 to have the kitchen cut one up for me to enjoy with my dinner. Well, when dinner was served, there were some barely pink dried out slices of tomato on my plate. When I asked why I couldn't have the good ones, I was told that those are only for decorations, not for eating. The health dept. doesn't allow them to be served. What???? I kept threatening to pull one down, take it to the ladies room to wash it and slice it myself. Do you really think they let these fantastic tomatoes go to waste while they serve some tasteless, barely edible ones? That doesn't make sense to me. They brought me some other barely better tomato slices, but when the bill came they had the gall to charge $3.50.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wonder if they treat those big beauties with something that makes them inedible? Disappointing to hear that from Catch 35 though; it's one of my favorites.
Yes, probably just as well, Sandy. They were no doubt "sprayed"!
It's time to come home girly!! Miss you---hope you are having fun. Can't wait to see pictures.
-hugs, shari xo
They are beautiful. Sorry the ones they gave you were terrible. I was in Florida last week and forgot to get me some Tomatoes. I usually get off the plane and head for the vegetable stand. Dang! QP
Post a Comment