Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cuttlebug Collage







This collage was made using the cuttlebug embossing folders. The inspiration was from a collage I saw at a friend's house. That artist had formed images under handmade paper. I figured that I could do something similar, so I embossed the paper using the folders in one long strip. I then chalked the paper and sealed the chalk with a matte fixative. Next, I added the crystals, highlighted some of the embossing with glitter markers. Also, I used glitter glue over the top of some and made the paper strips. The left side has some random foil and the bottom center has organza over the top of the embossing.

The whole thing has some bling that catches the light at just the right angles. Click on the picture to get a larger size and you will be able to see a bit more of the glittery stuff. I actually framed this piece and have to wait for hubby to hang it near the bar area. I can't hang anything straight. It's always a little off, even if I use a level. I have a few pieces left over that I might make into some companion pieces. They are ATC sized.

6 comments:

purplehatartist said...

Very cool--lots of texture. I am not familiar with the Cuttlebug. In what ways do you use it, Sandy?

Darlene said...

What a gorgeous art piece. I love all that texture.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Very cool artwork Sandy!! I dig the colors and design - everything about it!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Anonymous said...

love these effects! i may have to try this myself soon. --jean b.

Crazy Art Girl said...

Friggin' awesome!
Belinda