I am having a blast at Art Unraveled. I took a class with Leighanna Light. The short lady in the picture. She is a boatload of talent and fun. She is holding up a highly-prized bottle of caramel ink that she was coveting. I gave her my bottle because I'm sure I have another at home! The name of the class is The Scarlett Onion. Maybe because all the ink colors have to do with food.
Below is a picture of the first step sitting outside to dry. We covered a canvas with clay and added texture and dimensional objects.
Every once in a while blogger turns one of my photos, so you have to look sideways to see the finished piece. After the clay dried, we painted it with gesso and stained it with the ink. Turn your head so you can see. The yellow piece at the top of the flower is fabric. Beads are the flower stem and the house is made of wood and metal. Fun!
Here's another piece I did in class. I tried to add some pink at the end but it turned to yech, so I took the pink out and lost a little of the texture. Still, it was loads of fun and I know I will do this again.
Off to another workshop! Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment