Saturday, August 22, 2009

Scrapbook convention at Pheasant Run

am
Yesterday, we went to a scrapbook convention. I thought that I wouldn't buy anything there, but lo and behold, products began to call out my name! I was enchanted by the new spellbinder pendants and managed to obtain one for my stash. I started cutting some today and layering them. I didn't make anything, but it gave me a good starting point for a project someday.

A woman was demonstrating coloring rubber stamps with markers and stamping on glossy paper. That was what got me going with rubber stamps in the first place. I had forgotten how much fun it could be. She had some lovely images, so they now have a home in my collection.

I was so inspired that I spent the morning stamping atc's for the next live trade in September. The theme is Autumn or found objects. My found object is the cord that I tied around the leaves. Of course, the colors are what makes me think of Autumn. Anyway, I got to play with a few of my goodies while spending a blissful morning.

3 comments:

Harriet Reese said...

WOW! You have been busy.
Love your cards! I can't wait to pick one at the
swap.

Pamela Levingston said...

It was the magic of heat embossing that got me! Plus at the same demo in my LSS she took a marker and dipped it in pearlx and wrote all sparkly. I was lost from that point forward!

I love your marker/stamp work. I was in the store looking at those momento markers today, I didn't buy them yet....

How did you make the backgrounds on the leave ATC?

Brenda said...

That is exactly what got me started also, watching someone color a stamp with markers, and huffing on it. That was a lot of work. But, the embossing was what really got me, I rarely do that anymore. Just ran across a whole box of powders in my "storage room" what to do, what to do.