Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Copper Pin

I made this necklace today.  It is from Belinda's class last night.  She graciously gave me a kit to make my own.  This picture shows all of the variations of color in the copper.  Belinda patina'd them with Jax, which is like liver of sulfur.  The inside pages are made of mica and images, which is what you see below the face.  I have to put a chain on it for a necklace or put a big safety pin through it to make it a brooch. 

3 comments:

AmyS said...

Wow, gorgeous! I love your papers, too. Seems like your weekend in Chicago and the class were great for fun, creativity and inspiration. I love your new 'do, too. Nothing much going on with me, but it sure is fun to see what you've been up to!

beckyais said...

Hi my dear Sandy!!! I am so jealous that you got to go to the convention, and equally happy for you! I haven't had the joy of meeting Belinda yet but I love her spirit and her art, so I'm sure it was great fun working with her. I've really enjoyed looking at yor work too--I love how you've expanded into beading, etc. This pin/pendant is wonderful! I'd love to see it in person.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Wish I had been there!
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!!!
Elizabeth
http://thelastdoordownthehall.blogspot.com/