Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Necklace

We are headed to downtown Chicago for the weekend.  My agenda is to go to the Art Museum.  There is an exhibit on art from Benin, Africa and a dance troupe is performing at 1:00.  Since we are going with other people, we might not get there in time as the others would rather go shopping on the extremely expensive mile aka the magnificent mile.

Anyway I have this beautiful black and silver jacket to wear out tonight (we might even go salsa dancing).  My gold jewelry just didn't cut it and I needed something to complement the jacket.  Of course, I did not think about what I was going to wear until late last night, but I remembered I had purchased the black beads last summer and didn't like the jewelry I tried to make.  I had purchased the shells from JoAnns on clearance last year too, but had no plans for them.  I love how this necklace came together and hopefully I can find the earrings I made a while ago that should go with this necklace.  It took me less than an hour to make this, but you should see the art room.  BIG SIGH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think the mess was worth making because the necklace is pretty.

Love
Nikki

Pamela Levingston said...

Sandy,
I agree the art is worth the mess and I bet you got some compliments on this necklace. Don't you just love it when piece comes together! I love the connector flower pieces. QP

Anonymous said...

I love the haircut!!! More pictures please. Where are the bar-b-que
pictures? I know you have been busy...........

Necklace is fantastic. If you could ever stay home you could make a
bunch of jewelry and sell it on the week ends at one of the black shows.........then you could buy more stuff for the craft room :)

Love
Sukie