Wednesday, July 02, 2008

BBQ craft idea

To my family, I am the craft guru.  Whenever there is a family gathering, I try and have a craft project for everyone.  This is the 27th or 28th year of our hosting the family barbeque and I was stumped for a craft idea.  After lots of scrounging around, I found these window embellishments.  They are 2 suction cups with a wire strung in between.  Hanging off of the wire are 4 metal men clamps so that you can hang something from them.  So, this year we are stamping tags to hang from your wire.  You will be able to make the tag or there will be pre-made tags that you can use.  I will have out an assortment of stamps, inks, stickers, etc.  We will also be able to print pictures, so if someone wants their picture taken, they can hang that from their wire too.

3 comments:

Pamela Levingston said...

That is cool that you get your family to craft with you. My family would never do that. I also love the art line or at least that is what I call mine. I have one in my art room to hang works of art from. any ideas how I can get my family to do this? QP

Sandy said...

Pam,
Start with the youngsters. They usually are more than willing to have something to do. Ask their mothers to help them. The moms get started, and then invite others to just try one. That is how we started. I wanted the kids to have something to do at our gatherings, and I corralled them. I try and keep it simple because usually we only have an hour or so, and that includes clean up.

I also know that mostly everyone wants pictures of the event. I began incorporating pictures into the craft projects and that got more adults involved. My sister, who swears she does not like crafts, always does the photo ones so she can take them to work.

Good Luck with your famly!

Pamela Levingston said...

I think I can get the older women if we make a simple pair of earrings (mostly teenagers now in my kid pool, but I think this will work. I will spring it on them tomorrow). QP