Monday, March 23, 2009

Three easy (delish) dishes




My niece has been married for a couple of years and wanted to learn a few recipes (her hubby cooks). I told her that I had some delicious and easy recipes, so while she was here, we made a chicken and broccoli casserole, lasagna, and white chicken chili. All of the dishes were easy and delicious. When I looked up the recipes, I found that over the years I have made changes to the original recipes, maybe because I didn't have an ingredient or forgot and found I didn't miss it. We laughed at how different the recipes were from what we made but, it goes along with my approach to cooking. If you don't have an ingredient, try a substitute. If you can't think of a substitute, skip it. If the recipe won't work at all, try something else. It's all an experiment. If it doesn't work, eat pb&j.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They liked the lasagna last night. I'm fixing the chilli today. I will save the chicken and broccoli for next week some time. They've never had the white chicken chilli before so i'll let u know how it goes.

Love Nikki

Pamela Levingston said...

Not sure how I missed this post but please send a sister the recipe for the Broccoli Casserole and the White Chicken Chilli please!