Here it is March, and I haven't posted a thing. Hmmmm. I seem to be in a mood to do lots of reading and organizing. I am beginning to get rid of stuff in my art space. Last week, I threw out a large container and a small container. I don't know what was in them. They hadn't been opened since we moved here, so I figured that I could live without whatever it was.
A friend asked me if throwing out felt good, and the answer is NO. It did not feel freeing or liberating or any other promised attitude. Fortunately, I don't feel too much guilt over the act of throwing out those particular containers. I feel more disappointed that whatever treasures were in there never made it into any artwork. That was kinda sad.
I have been working on an art journal, but it's still in process, nothing ready to show just yet. I was working on my Christmas altered book, but lost interest in it and put it back in the box. This is the 2nd year of working on it and I still haven't made much progress on it. I get all fired up during the season, but don't have time to work on it, then get involved in other projects.
I have been to the bookstore several times and bought nothing! It is very hard for me to do, but I have been trying to cut down on the number of magazines and books that I buy. I have no more room on my bookcases. I seldom go through them again, but I am a librarian at heart, so I have to hold on to my "collection."
Maybe I will have some artwork to post this week. My artspace is still overly full, but I plan to get the table cleared off so that I can work on something. I was talking to Lynn about card-making and how that used to bring me such joy. Now I only seem to make cards at Christmas, but I have so much paper and stamps..... I'd better get busy if I plan to make some art today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK I understand this. Just today I picked up from the Library instead of buying it:One Year to an Organized Life. I have got to get a handle on it in my house. I'm a hoarder by nature but I love the peace of a nice clean space. My clutter has creeped out of my office and now even my bedroom is not the calm space it used to be.
Post a Comment