
I went to an art workshop in Arizona this August. It was a weeklong event and I took a class every day. My hands and clothes had paint and ink on them all week. I went with two friends and we had a great time. Happy Hour probably helped a lot! Let's see if I can get these pictures on this blog...
This picture is from Traci Bautista's fusion collage workshop. We dyed paper towel with watercolor paints and collaged the papers over doodled and acrylic-painted sheets and then fused them together with gloss medium. This made the paper towel sort of translucent. Next we sewed layered some paper that had been doodled on and could be seen through the fusion paper, and cut out some shapes. Then we sewed on embellishments and added some beads to wire to make a hanging.
2 comments:
I love the way it looks but don't know if I could do that all the time. Looks too detailed for me. YOu will have to show me it though.
Kewl stuff from AU! Guess what--I am in an AB group here in the Twin Cities with Merne who you met at AU! I have had no time to do any art this summer, but Merne said you guys might be doing a RR this fall if I was interested. LMK the details!
Missin' you,
Becky
Post a Comment