Thursday, September 14, 2006

Necklace

Long story, shortened... I found the perfect necklace at Nordstroms. when the lady brought the receipt to sign I realized that the necklace was $400 instead of $40. I bought it, went to several stores to try and find the beads, couldn't find the beads, bought other beads... Here's a picture of the necklace I made that is a different color than the Norstrom one. Mine ended up costing me almost as much, but I like my colors better. (and have made earrings for others from some of the remaining beads).

The bad part about making this necklace is that for several years, many of my stamping friends have stopped stamping and spend their time exclusively making jewelry. Some of them have designs in magazines, teach classes, etc. I have always declared that I would not start beading and would beg the remaining friends to stay away from the dark side. I took a walk on the dark side and it is a dangerous place! It's another total obsession and equally as addictive as stamping. Plus, all the neices like making jewelry with Auntie Sandy. Sigh.... Shanda has a new pair of earrings that she loves and wants more. Sigh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy. Love your new Blog. Keep it coming. I have not given in to beading yet and hope not to. I have always marveled at your creative talents - Keep up the great work! Would love to try wire wrapping a bracelet I saw up at We're Stampin Mad but that is it!!! Vi S