
ATC is short for Artist Trading Card. Artists trade (some sell theirs) a 2-1/2 x3-1/2 sized card with others much like a calling card. I made a special card for the art unraveled workshop. The theme of the conference was "pushing the envelope." I had bought this cute little ant stamp from Smudges when I was in MN. I thought of him immediately pushing an envelope. I used Twinkling H20's, a sparkling watercolor paint for the backgrounds, painted the desert colors of Arizona. At the bottom, I painted the ground with tan gesso, then added acrylic paint to a course sand medium and let that dry. Stamped the ant image and glued on a transparent envelope holding one of the workshop tickets. I didn't find a lot of folks trading at the event so I will have to find something to do with them.
1 comment:
I am in an ATC yahoo group. You should join. You can enter as many swaps as you would like. We started one in MN too & have 10 people doing it once a month & they just love it. Cheryl & Joyce are in it. Tell DeAnna you are my friend at ATC Annon.
ATCAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
Post a Comment